THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WONDERFUL SEPTEMBER WORKOUT & SOCIAL
Wonderland Voiceover Social
The social side of things is open to voiceovers but related creatives of all type are welcome.
The social will be in a Zoom room with breakout rooms, so you won't be stranded in a huge room with everyone madly talking at the same time and shouting 'You're on mute!'. We all meet up in the main room and then I send you off to rooms with about 6 or 7 people for around 10-15 mins. Then you all come flying back to the main room and it all happens again. It's addictive, be warned!
Thank you so much to everyone who came to the Wonderland Voiceover Workout on 10th September and everyone who came to the social too.
It was our best turnout yet. Thank you so much to Samantha Boffin who worked with each group. She is so generous, warm hearted and is a joy to work with. And a voice to melt butter to boot! Amazing. Thank you.
Both the social and the workout are for pro voiceovers but creatives of all type are welcome to join the social. It is usually held on the 2nd Friday of every month, however there will be no session in October due to work commitments.
Wonderland VO Workout.
Here's how it works:
(Please note that the workout is not for complete beginners)*
1. You choose 2 x audition pieces (or pieces you are working on) of no more than one minute (or 150 words) each.
2. Once all participants have arrived, you will be put into break out rooms of 5/6. Please do not be late as there may not be anyone in the lobby to let you in!
3. The first thing to do when you arrive in your breakout room is to post your pieces (.doc, .docx, pdf or txt files only) into the chat with file format 'First nameLast namexx-xx-21 (so mine would be 'BradShaw11-7-21.doc')
4. Once you are in your room, you will also need to decide on which order you will perform, so create an order list, someone type it into the chat and make sure everyone knows when it's their turn.
5. Once you have an order, you will be directed by the previous person on the list, so No. 1 directs no 2, No.2 directs no 3 etc and the last person on the list will direct No.1.
6. So then the first reader reads their piece and the director gives directions and asks them to read it again. At anytime the current director can open up for input from the others. So you do one round of everyone's first piece and then go round again for the second piece. The workout will be strictly one and a half hours. After that you will all be brought back to the main lobby where the social will begin.
During the workout, please can all participants turn their camera and mics off when someone is reading.
I will go from room to room along with our guest coach to ensure everything is working as it should and to help solve any problems
* PLEASE NOTE: I have tried to be as inclusive as possible. Please be aware that as part of the workout, you will be asked to direct the next person's piece. This is your opportunity to see what it sounds like from the other side of the mic. If this is not something you are happy to engage with, please do not come to the workout but instead join us for the social. Thank you.
Back on the River
As most of you know, my other job is as a program Director for Viking River Cruises. Tomorrow I'm flying out to Germany and straight into cabin isolation for 3 days then a week training the crew and then straight back to Berlin to pick up my first bunch of intrepid, mainly American, guests. I take them from Berlin onto The Elbe River on a baby 100 passenger longship. We sail through Eastern Germany and end up in the wonderful city of Prague in Czech Republic.
All this means, sadly, there won't be another workout and social until probably November. That all depends, I'll only be home for 7 days, then have to fly out again for the next one. Everything depends on how things pan out over the next months. I'll keep you all posted
In the meantime, this is how it all works, so you are ready for the next one: