As this was the first of the workouts, there were a few lessons learnt! The first, was not to post your scripts in the chat until you are in the breakout room otherwise they get lost! Who knew! The second was that most people said it was too short, so this time, I'm starting the workout at 7pm (UK) and keeping the social starting at 8.30pm (UK)
The social itself was amazing fun and I think the last of us said goodnight at around 2.30-3.00am! I certainly had a very sore head!
Both the social and the workout are for pro voiceovers but creatives of all type are welcome. It is held on the second Friday of every month, with the next one scheduled for 9th July 2021.
7pm (UK): Wonderland Voiceover Workout
Here's how it works:
1. You choose 2 x audition pieces (or pieces you are working on) of no more than one minute (or 150 words) each.
2. Once all participants have arrived, you will be put into break out rooms of 5/6. Please do not be late as there may not be anyone in the lobby to let you in!
3. The first thing to do when you arrive in your breakout room is to post your pieces (.doc, .docx, pdf or txt files only) into the chat with file format 'First nameLast namexx-xx-21 (so mine would be 'BradShaw11-7-21.doc')
4. Once you are in your room, you will also need to decide on which order you will perform, so create an order list, someone type it into the chat and make sure everyone knows when it's their turn.
5. Once you have an order, you will be directed by the previous person on the list, so No. 1 directs no 2, No.2 directs no 3 etc and the last person on the list will direct No.1.
6. So then the first reader reads their piece and the director gives directions and asks them to read it again. At anytime the current director can open up for input from the others. So you do one round of everyone's first piece and then go round again for the second piece. The workout will be strictly one and a half hours. After that you will all be brought back to the main lobby where the social will begin.
During the workout, please can all participants turn their camera and mics off when someone is reading.
I will go from room to room to ensure everything is working as it should and to help solve any problems
TO BOOK (FREE) FOR BOTH THE VOICEOVER WORKOUT
& THE SOCIAL CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:
(IF YOU ONLY WANT THE SOCIAL, PLEASE USE
THE BOOKING LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)
WORKOUT & SOCIAL:
Friday 9th July 2021
7PM (UK): Workout
8.30PM (UK): Social
8.30pm: Wonderland Voiceover Social
The social begins a bit later this time to allow for the workout. The social side of things is open to voiceovers but related creatives of all type are welcome.
The social will be in a Zoom room with breakout rooms, so you won't be stranded in a huge room with everyone madly talking at the same time and shouting 'You're on mute!'. We all meet up in the main room and then I send you off to rooms with about 6 or 7 people for around 10-15 mins. Then you all come flying back to the main room and it all happens again. It's addictive, be warned!
TO BOOK (FREE) FOR THE VOICEOVER SOCIAL
ONLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW: